Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 6220 Conference 2014

We had an absolutely wonderful weekend, filled with excitement, fun, and a little education! Last weekend was my first official Rotary Youth Exchange District 6220 Conference as a ROTEX, and unfortunately also my last conference in District 6220 altogether. In spite of being downtrodden from my last moments of walking through the "hallowed" hallways of the Plaza Hotel in Wausau (A place that's been a retreat from everyday life for some number of years), I pushed on and really connected with people. As a rebound/ROTEX I finally had the chance to share my experiences, give advice, and aid my fellow (soon-to-be) exchange students. Most important of which, is that of my "Newbie" from my hometown of Eagle River, WI, Daniel "Dave" Livingston (going to Brasil 2014-15). I was very proud to see him walk onto that stage, preform his language test, and receive his Rotary Blazer as well as his certification of exchange. I thank each and every one of you who have followed my time as an exchange student of District 6220, especially to those who have supported me and helped give me the chance of a lifetime. Stay tuned to this Blog for more posts as I continue my journey in exploring this World's cultures as I fly to Lima, Peru on May 21, 2014; to spend some time with my good exchange friend, Rodrigo Campos. Until such a time when I move indefinitely to Maringa, Brasil to be with my other brother through Rotary, Renan Masson.  

Talent Show!

Formal Dinner

The Program would be nothing without you, Ladies!

Dave giving his language test

mis amigos y amigas

Formal Dinner 2

Acceptance as an exchange student

Colin and Jenna!

Welcome Irmao!

No comments:

Post a Comment